The ICT Section of TU Delft is occupying over 350 researchers,
focusing on the human dimension in modern ICT, investing the user's
environment, emphasizing on the Wireless Environment.
The ICT Section carries an enormous amount of potential
intelligence. The challenge is to realize it as actual intelligence
as well; broadband is everywhere, there is a shift to market
governance and context aware mobile services and ICT service system
are becoming more and more important. Thus advanced
infrastructures, system design, the set up of large networking
facilities and the development of services are subject of research
by the ICT section of the faculty of Technology, Policy and
Management. Their research focus lies on ICT Services Design and
Governance with the following strategic choices:
- Intelligent/smart infra capacity control concepts focusing on
dependability and adaptivity.
- ICT supported crisis management.
- Value centred ICT services design including the ethical/legal
aspect and trans-sectoralism in cooperation with TNO and KPN.
- Enterprise engineering encompassing business architectures,
inter-operability and orchestration
- Dynamics of infra system transitions
- Dynamics of standardization.